Thursday, February 5, 2009

a couple more yummy flavors at Kara's Cupcakes

So, I have tried a couple more flavors at Kara's Cupcakes.
Chocolate Velvet
Chocolate cupcake with velvety bittersweet chocolate buttercream
This icing just melts in your mouth. So darn good...I think it is one of their best sellers too. I can see why. The chocolate cake is nice and moist with an Italian Buttercream icing. The icing is sprinkled with little chocolate flakes that melt in your mouth along with the icing. YUM!

Fleur De Sel
Chocolate cupcake with caramel filling, ganache frosting and fleur de sel
A rich, thick dark chocolate ganache frosting. Almost fudge like in consistency.
I was pleasantly surprised when I bit into this chocolate cupcake and found the gooey caramel filling. I kept thinking, hmmm...fleur de sel is usually accompanied with caramel these days, seems to be the big thing and from the looks of the cupcake, you think there is no caramel. Sure it could have said it on the cute little tag by the cupcakes, but who is looking at the tags...I am focused on the cupcakes.

NEWEST addition
Sweet Smores
Chocolate cupcake with a graham cracker crust and toasted marshmallow frosting
Yep, I was in a chocolate mood this day. The bottom of the cupcake liner is where the graham cracker crust lives. It didn't necessarily cling to my cake...it was a bit too crumbly. No problem, I just squished my cake against it and it hung on nicely. haha The marshmallow frosting had a nice toasting to the top of it. Gave it a great appearance. A new, fun flavor. Keep it up Kara!!!! I love your flavors.

Sorry, I do not have any pics of these...ate them too fast. haha
Next time for sure...I promise.
Kara's Cupcakes is located at 3249 Scott Street (at Chestnut) in San Francisco, CA
She has 3 other locations throughout the Bay area. I have only checked out the Scott location...it is so cute!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment