Friday, January 16, 2009

Kara's Cupcakes, so good!!!

I know I said I would talk about Panna Cotta next...but I just had to tell you about the awesome cupcakes I just ate today. I was in Downtown San Francisco and had 4 wonderful cupcakes today from Kara's Cupcakes.
YUMMY!! I will be heading back into the city for the Fancy Food Show this coming weekend and will be buying more cupcakes...stay tuned!!

Today I ate:
Sweet Vanilla
Vanilla cupcake with madagascar bourbon vanilla frosting
OK, too die for!!!! This is a plain vanilla cupcake, yes, but there is nothing plain about it. Great vanilla flavor comes through in both the cake and frosting. (side note about Madagascar Bourbon vanilla--named for the region in which they are grown, has a rich, sweet flavor)
The cake was nice and moist and had a great crumb texture. And I love the little white sprinkles (or jimmies as I grew up calling them) all over the frosting. PERFECT!!!

Java
Chocolate cupcake with rich espresso buttercreamI am not a huge coffee person and this was just perfect...not too much coffee flavor to overwhelm and not just a hint to be subtle...just right. The Italian Buttercream style icing had little flecks of coffee bean all throughout...added a great look and great flavor. And there is a coffee bean on the top of the cupcake to add to the crunch!!! The chocolate cake was nice and moist. The icing just melted in my mouth...I love it.

Kara's Karrot
carrot cupcake with a cream cheese frostingI am a huge fan of carrot cake and this was so very tasty!!!Great spice flavor and moist cake. Cream cheese frosting that was so soft and creamy, just perfect!!

Peanut Butter ganache
chocolate cupcake with peanut buttter and milk chocolate ganache frostingI love peanut butter!!!Great moist chocolate cake with a perfect blend of peanut butter and milk chocolate frosting. I love this combo and could have eaten about 10 of them.
I love Kara's Cupcakes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment